Real SEO Professionals are few and far between. Amateurs are out there claiming they can do Search Engine Optimization.
What happens is, you theCustomer, gets screwed because you did not know the right questions to ask them.If you are thinking of hiring an SEO company here are a few questions you can ask.
1. What is your Alexa Traffic Ranking, if they can’t answer you, RUN!
2. Do they come up in a “Natural Search” on any search engine.
3. How do you report results.
4. What are some of the ways you will be bringing traffic to my site?
5. Do you perform SEO copywriting, Link building, etc?
6. When will I be seeing results?
7. Can I cancel at any time?
8. How many years of experience do you have in SEO and Internet Marketing?
I hope this helps, good luck in your Internet Marketing efforts!